Is CBD Vegan-Friendly?
What are the key health benefits of veganism?
The powerful long-term health benefits of being vegan are often enough to encourage people to try out veganism. Studies have revealed that those who continue to incorporate plant-based diets into their lives are at a lower risk of serious illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Those who take the leap to go vegan can also expect short-term benefits too, including an improved quality of sleep, boosted mood, healthy looking skin, and even weight loss.
The vegan lifestyle is not just limited to food, however. Becoming vegan also means making an ethical commitment to actively avoid buying any products which are derived from animal products, including wool, leather, silk, fur, as well as any other products that have been tested on animals. Similarly, vegans are heavily against animal exploitation for human benefit such as in zoos or for research and testing. By avoiding animal agriculture, veganism also plays a significant role in helping the environment to decrease harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
What’s included within a vegan diet?
A vegan diet consists of foods that are derived from plant origins, for example, fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, lentils, beans, grains, and avoids foods from animals such as meat, cheese, yoghurt, milk, and eggs. However, there are a few variations to the vegan diet that people may choose instead.
A common misconception surrounding veganism is that it can be difficult to consume enough protein in a diet that avoids meat entirely. Innovation in the food industry has offered a range of vegan alternatives, while natural sources such as tofu, nut butters, kidney beans, chickpeas, and pulses remain popular among vegan diets for their impressive amounts of protein.
Is CBD Vegan Friendly?
Of course! As CBD is extracted from the Hemp variety of the cannabis plant, all of our products at NUSPORT CBD® are organic and 100% vegan friendly. Certain manufacturers are at liberty to add ingredients that conflict with the practices of veganism, however we have made the conscious effort to ensure that each and every one of our products are inclusive for all ways of living.
With a growing number of people exploring the remarkable world of CBD and all it has to offer, here are the top beneficial reasons to try CBD, whether you lead a vegan lifestyle or not:
- CBD is a powerful protein source - hemp plants contain all 20 amino acids which are responsible for maintaining a number of vital functions for your body.
- CBD contains B-complex vitamins including Vitamin B6, B12, riboflavin, niacin, and thiamine, which can support your most vigorous workouts.
- CBD can be a great iron alternative to animal meat and iron supplements, helping to keep your haemoglobin levels intact and assisting with oxygen transportation.
- CBD helps to eliminate toxins and enhance your workouts by supplying your body with Vitamin C, Vitamin E, flavonoids, and other strong antioxidant properties.
- Alongside boosting athletic performance and preventing muscle fatigue, CBD offers a host of wellness benefits, including managing anxiety levels, improving sleep quality, and even supporting the recovery process and reducing discomfort from chronic pain.
Written by Jennifer Williams.